Attenzione al "noto" venditore Cedarfurnitureman

Moderatore: Moderatore Area Tecnica

Rispondi
aineias
Attenzione al "noto" venditore Cedarfurnitureman

Messaggio da aineias »

Riporto da SRP:

Just wanted to chime in here. Quinton Boyle, AKA "Lewis" and his wife Laney Boyle are definitely involved in some pretty serious felony-level activity.

His E-bay account randomly switched from vintage razors to selling Gold coins on E-bay in the month of August. After several thousand dollars of sales, his account acquired as least 7 negative feedback by late September. E-bay closed the account soon thereafter. All of this information was documented by me and supplied to the police.

He has been approaching his vast archive of customers via direct e-mails since his E-bay scam dried up. It appears he started with his largest customers - ones he had sold VERY expensive razors to, or large lots. I'd made several multi-thousand dollar deals with him in the past for large numbers of razors, so, that explains why he hit me early. He'll start the conversation very calmly, and explain to you that he's got some beautiful razors for sale, fell on hard times and E-bay was giving him some problems due to <insert random thing here>

After you drool over a few pictures (believe me, he has LOTS of pictures of all sorts of things he's sold in the past....doesn't mean he has it in front of him...).... He will offer a price that is attractive enough for you to bite but not so low as to wonder why. Something you'd accept easily but still felt like he wasn't scamming you. For me, the number was a very large amount since he offered up nearly 70 fairly valuable razors and an escher

So, at that point, once you strike a deal with him, it is my understanding is that he has been asking other people to pay with paypal personal payments. Of course, for me, I OFFERED THIS UP based on our history, without even hesitating. Hindsight is 20/20 guys ;(

Once the paypal payment is made, he goes at length to ship out a package and supply a tracking number. For me, it had his address on it -- but it appears as though he's now using fake "from" addresses on the parcels just so USPS doesn't go back on him. In my case, he sent a parcel full of scrap paper and books to an address IN my town --- but that doesn't exist. The carrier tried to deliver it to the closest house but the person refused it. By the time it got back to the post office, i had contacted the PO about the tracking number, and came in to pick it up. I was extremely confused. This gave him about 5 days that the package was in transit for him to withdraw all funds from Paypal without me worrying about anything.

I took about 22 pages of documentation to my local police department and filed a report. It doesn't matter though -- Police departments literally act like ANY internet fraud is a Prince in Nigeria -- even when I supplied MAPS, EMAILS, ADDRESSES, NAMES, RELATIVES OF HIM, and about 50 other pieces of information I dug up.

I've made peace with the fact that my money is gone.

Egli usa almeno una coppia di indirizzi:

razors_4_sale@yahoo.com
quickeleven@yahoo.com

In poche parole: adesca vecchi clienti, i quali ancora conservano la sua (largamente riconosciuta) buona reputazione e li truffa. Il tipico espediente, approfittando ripeto della fiducia del cliente, è di invogliarlo a risparmiare le spese di commissione che il venditore deve a PayPal. Come? Col trasferimento di denaro ad amici/parenti. Poi sparisce, prende tempo o invia pacchi fasulli (com'e riportato sopra). Purtroppo PayPal non può intervenire in alcun modo per il recupero del denaro e pare che neanche la Polizia (americana) possa far nulla, poiché il pagamento prescelto non stipula un contratto di compravendita ma di accredito diretto, come fosse una donazione.
Per motivi attinenti, è stato bannato pochi mesi fa da eBay e da SRP. Credo di aver capito che ha anche vari procedimenti giudiziari in corso. Morale? La gente cambia, col tempo....ocho..... ;)

Saluti,
A.
Mauro.B

Re: Attenzione al "noto" venditore Cedarfurnitureman

Messaggio da Mauro.B »

Grazie bene a sapersi
Pipterix
Contatta:

Re: Attenzione al "noto" venditore Cedarfurnitureman

Messaggio da Pipterix »

Grazie per l'informazione
Rispondi