Green Cult Steel Razor

Moderatore: Moderatore Area Tecnica

Thorsten69

Green Cult Steel Razor

Messaggio da Thorsten69 »

100% Made in Austria. 100% Steel

SotD

NEW Greencult Steel Razor
Joserra Black Rose Note AS and Soap, Kent Brush.

Today I was allowed to test something new with a lot of potential upwards.
I first heard about it in the FdR forum. A small company in Austria specializing in sustainable products offered a safety razor whose handle was made of 100% stainless steel by a metal company (machining technology) in the precision area in Vorarlberg, Austria.

Initially, the head was bought, but then it was decided to also produce the head in this metal company at cost price. They have no sponsorship. Others and I are now doing this for free
Since it is a family business and production takes place directly on site, you now dare to take this step. Safety razor and handle are 100% stainless steel. The steel comes from the EU.

Mrs. Valerie Wallner runs this small eco shop. Her partner is a project manager in said metal company and his father is the owner of this company. I had a long chat with her today. Pictures and videos were shown how everything is made.
Of course there were also prototypes. The handle is serrated and turned on a lathe. The CNC head. Other grips are still to come and are being planned. OC safety razor is to follow and there are also new ideas for high-quality safety razors.

Since this safety razor has only been on the market for a few weeks, everything is still in its infancy. We all know that innovation should be encouraged. Even companies like Rocnel started out small. I remember the first Rocnel SE and what great things came over time. Long story short.
The shave was BOMB. I replaced the included Tiger Blade with a Feather. The Feather fits perfectly with these safety razors. The tigers worked too but she was a bit too mild.

How can you describe it? More thorough than an R41 but smoother than a Blackland Blackbird. Simply successful for a first work. It was almost a one pass shave and I was BBS.
No irritation, no redness, no burning. The blade is already there, but you can feel it without being angry. As I said, successful. The shape is kept quite simple. The weight of 122 grams is ideal. It is balanced and thanks to the satin finish of the head, the head glides more gently over the skin.

One speaks here of a shark fin principle, scale principle. This makes better use of the lubricating film of the soap. The handle itself feels good in the hand, but could do with a little more "grip". Let's help these small regional providers (start-up)

A few data:
Utility model protection registered.
Material: 100% stainless steel
Dimensions: 45 mm x 116 mm
Weight: 122 g
Various handle colors
There is no blade protrusion! So the blade is completely in the head and does not stick out to the side.
Costs around 40 euros.

Where to buy:
https://fairschenkt.at/shop/rasierhobel-closed-kamm/
Worlwide
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/greencult? ... =811262274
- Pictures The pictures are mine and show the safety razor. Recorded with a 4K camera. Lint and minimal residue from the wet polishing cloth are my own.

-
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine
Thorsten69

Re: Green Cult Steel Razor

OK.

People are a little overwhelmed.

In principle, this is also a small eco shop and a small metal company.

Please give people time.

The link to the shop in Austria is now here (https://fairschenkt.at/shop/rasierhobel ... ener-kamm/)

Shipping to Greece is also being worked on to Russia.

Shipping to the UK is not possible due to a trademark application from a local cosmetics company.

A white label for packaging and only the logo without a name is in the works, but it will take time.
veck

Messaggio da veck »

Mi pareva di avere inviato un commento che non è apparso.

Da quel che si capisce, il rasoio è in acciaio e prodotto in Austria,
al costo di circa 40 euro.
Facevo notare che rasoi in acciaio a 40 euro, sono difficili da trovare e questo genera il dubbio che alcuni prezzi siano gonfiati.
Se ci pensiamo un rasoio in ottone fatto in Europa, costa anche meno di 20 euro e non faccio pubblicità.
L'acciaio non è argento o tantomeno oro e per quel che mi ricordo, costa come l'ottone, anzi meno
Maxabbate

Messaggio da Maxabbate »

Ritengo il prezzo lo faccia lo faccia il mercato: ai consumatori discernere il prezzo corretto che si è disposti a pagare per un articolo.
Non si sta parlando di beni di prima necessità.
ezio79

Messaggio da ezio79 »

veck ha scritto: 28/01/2022, 13:20...
Se ci pensiamo un rasoio in ottone fatto in Europa, costa anche meno di 20 euro e non faccio pubblicità.
L'acciaio non è argento o tantomeno oro e per quel che mi ricordo, costa come l'ottone, anzi meno
infatti non è il costo del materiale al kg (o a tonnellata) ad incidere, ma ben di più quelli di lavorazione e precisione (cnc), per costo iniziale delle macchine e relativi consumabili;
in ogni caso il discrimine è con il materiale più diffuso fino a qualche tempo fa: lo zamak che è particolarmente economico sia come materiale che in lavorazione (da stampo)
Jeff

Messaggio da Jeff »

Dalle foto sembra il classico disegno EJ però in versione aggressiva come lo è ad esempio il clone EJ di Yaqi.
Manico un po anonimo però per 40 euro un bel pezzo
ddd

Messaggio da ddd »

Lo si trova a Cuneo da Viano profumi e coltelli: https://www.vianoprofumicoltelli.net/brand/greencult/
Ottimo prezzo
Thorsten69

SotD

Today the new base plates (prototypes) of the Greencult safety razor were allowed to show what they can do.

For better understanding:
O = The original head
L = Higher gap than the original (aggressive)
M = About like the original (medium-mild/aggressive)
S= Lower gap than the original. (Mild)

Base plate changes: no more through holes. As a result, the base plate is smooth. Gap and exposure have been adjusted.
The foam channels are now continuous, no more bridge.

Since it is a prototype, only the L, M and S were lasered. The end product will of course be labeled more beautifully and of course it will be optically enhanced.

Exact dates of the gaps and the exposure will be communicated.

Plate L and plate S with a feather were used today.

As always, the shaving soap was allowed to soften on the face for 3-4 minutes. Right half of face was shaved with S-plate.
Left half of face was shaved with L-plate.

The S plate is noticeably milder. It glided wonderfully through the whiskers.

Although milder, it was already clear after the first run that the S plate is very thorough. It's a noticeable difference to the original record and of course the L record.

Against the grain, the S plate proved to be excellent. No tugging, no rattling, nothing. I would say that the S-platter really shows what it can do against the grain. Perfect, soft and very comfortable on the skin. I had no problems with my upper lip.

-

The L plate feels much more direct with the line.

Here, too, the first round was very good, almost BBS, at least on the cheeks and neck.

Against the grain, especially on the upper lip, the L-plate bitched a little. She picked something. Here it was important to change the angle (almost 90 degrees) and keep the shaving cream more liquid.

But with a water shave it got better. (Clean up)

But I was shaved tip-top here too. After, as I said, a water shave and a little cleaning, I was completely BBS.

All in all, I would prefer the S plate, since it worked a bit softer, at least for me. But I have to say that my whiskers are quite thin and not too hard.

After a cold face wash, the after-shave was allowed on the skin. I could burn neither left nor right. Actually, I would have expected a burn on the left side, but as I said, nothing.

With the 3 new records, Greencult actually has the right product for everyone (coming soon).

Very clear purchase recommendation.

If you already have the Greencult, you can soon get a more suitable plate separately, depending on your needs. I don't know when that will be yet.

If you don't have a Greencult yet, you should wait until all 3 records are available.

Immagine

Immagine
Thorsten69

*Edit*
The head is also new. You need a new head and a base of your choice. Sorry, my mistake, I misread that.
Fommo

Messaggio da Fommo »

Veramente interessante questo rasoio visto il prezzo e la qualita', nessuno sul forum lo ha provato?
Mi sembra di capire dalle prime foto delle nuove versioni dove si nota la fresatura per il manico che potrebbe essere di diametro maggiore e magari piu' corto, da tenere d'occhio.
ezio79

Messaggio da ezio79 »

acquistato poco dopo l'uscita lo trovo un rasoio eccellente per chi predilige un taglio molto profondo,
per chi invece preferisce i rasoi dolci e delicati, meglio stare lontani anche dalla futura S
perché rispetto a certi mild questo taglia solo a guardarlo :D
Nessun problema il manico, validissimo.
Per preferenze personali avrei preferito un diametro maggiore,
ma appunto non è né possibile né sensato pretendere di accontentare tutto e tutti
Fommo

Messaggio da Fommo »

Grazie per le info ;) e' un bel rasoio in effetti, essendo totalmente inox per quel che costa poi :shock: :D ho letto online vari pareri di chi addirittura lo pone quasi a livello dell'R41 come profondita' di taglio :o
ezio79

Messaggio da ezio79 »

diverso da R41 (il cui pettine ibrido strizza l'occhio a barbe medio lunghe e la profondità è affidata tutta all'esposizione visto il gap minimale) il GC ha 3 caratteristiche difficilmente riscontrabili in altri DE: gap importante, esposizione realmente positiva, lama completamente bloccata.
E' un closed per chi ha la mano leggera e cerca un bbs (anche) quotidiano senza compromessi
Lee

Messaggio da Lee »

Sono interessato alla piastra mild, aspetterò i dati di gap ed esposizione per andare "a colpo sicuro", anche se la geometria incide parecchio.
Bob65

Messaggio da Bob65 »

Prodotto super interessante; saro' tardo ma non ho capito una cosa.
Se lo compro oggi con che testa arriva?
Se non noi, chi? Se non ora, quando?
My TOOLS: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
ezio79

Messaggio da ezio79 »

Bob65 ha scritto: 31/05/2022, 15:18 Prodotto super interessante; saro' tardo ma non ho capito una cosa.
Se lo compro oggi con che testa arriva?
si, secondo me, se l'henson è stata la principale novità in fatto di DE del 2020, il GCSR lo è del 2021

ad oggi in commercio c'è solo IL green cult steel razor
cioé quello con manico lungo e con queste geometrie

Immagine

le future S, M ed L cioé più delicato, corrispondente all'originale, e ancora più profondo (fatico a pensarlo possibile)
allo stato attuale sono solo prototipi
di cui si ipotizza una commercializzazione tra fine estate ed inizio autunno
Bob65

Messaggio da Bob65 »

Grazie Ezio, sempre precisissimo e informatissimo.
Credo proprio che lo prendero'.
Sapete a quanto ammontano le spese di spedizione dal portale del produttore?
Perche' quelle su Etsy sono intorno ai 5 euro e mi sembrano molto competitive.
Lee

Messaggio da Lee »

@Bob65
È disponibile anche da Viano
https://www.vianoprofumicoltelli.net/pr ... ox-silver/
Bob65

Messaggio da Bob65 »

Grazie per le info.
Costo di spedizione, se non si superano i 49 euro, analogo a Etsy
Lee

Messaggio da Lee »

Ricordavo fossero gratis oltre i 40 non 49, errore mio!
Bob65

Messaggio da Bob65 »

Nel sito del produttore le spese di trasporto ammontano a 14,90 euro.
Fommo

Messaggio da Fommo »

ciao a tutti, sembra che abbiano messo in commercio una nuova versione (ovviamente sempre in acciaio) di questo rasoio denominata v.2.0, il manico rimane sempre uguale per lunghezza ma cambiano cosi' le misure della testa per esposizione lama:

versione precedente:
– Blade Gap: 0,95 mm
– Blade Exposure: 0,25 mm

nuova versione:
– Blade Gap: 0,65 mm
– Blade Exposure: 0,10 mm
una versione quindi piu' delicata rispetto al precedente, il prezzo al momento rimane sempre lo stesso :)
Lino

Messaggio da Lino »

Prodotto molto interessante da diversi punti di vista.
"Il parere della maggioranza non può essere, per definizione, che l'espressione dell'incompetenza"
( R. Guénon, Il regno della quantità e i segni dei tempi )
Jeff

Messaggio da Jeff »

Ho visto che anche Viano ha la versione aggiornata. Sapete se il cambiamento è solo nella piastra inferiore?
Sarebbe bello se fosse venduta separatamente per chi ha già la prima versione
Fommo

Messaggio da Fommo »

Da quel che si sa erano in lavorazione 3 tipi di teste con caratteristiche diverse per misure e aggressivita', sarebbe interessante capire se hanno optato per una unica versione piu' delicata, cioe' quella disponibile al momento anche da Viano, oppure piu' in la' presenteranno anche le altre da acquistare magari a parte.
Un confronto tra chi possiede la versione originale e l'ultima disponibile sarebbe interessante ;) confesso che sono molto tentato di acquistarlo visto che vorrei un rasoio in acciaio :D
Rispondi

Torna a “Generale - DE”